The Bach Flower Remedies:
A Pathway to Balance & Emotional Well-Being…
The Bach Flower Remedies are a tool for transformation that can assist in moving forward and creating change in one’s life. They can help to heal old wounds and to assist with new ways of being. The remedies can facilitate a strengthening of one’s ability move more easily in the world, to have healthier relationships, and to experience greater joy and ease of well-being.
The visionary physician Dr. Edward Bach discovered the thirty-eight remedies, which comprise the Bach Flowers, in the 1920’s and 1930’s. Dr. Bach was well-known in England for his work in the areas of bacteriology and homeopathy. It was through this work that he began to see a connection between state of mind and the disease process. He found that if he treated the person’s state of mind, all physical symptoms would disappear, and if he treated early enough, may prevent illness from arising. He recognized that long-term stress from emotions such as anger, fear or worry can lower a person’s resistance to disease.
Additionally, by studying vibrational medicine and native British flowers, Dr. Bach discovered that certain plant essences have a profound healing effect on the mind. He observed that the remedies affected a deep personal transformation in his patients’ character and behavior patterns, which not only prevented disease but also left the patient happier and more integrated. According to Dr. Bach, certain flowers are of a higher order. He believed that these healing plants addressed disharmony within the mental and spiritual aspects of our being by flooding our energy field with higher frequencies and thereby aligning our whole being. The remedies actually transmute negative energies into positive ones. They do not mask the effects of the emotions, but provide a catalyst for change to occur from within us. He saw this change as necessary for our spiritual growth, and said:
“The action of these essences is to raise our vibrations and open up our channels for the reception of our Spiritual Self, to flood our natures with a particular virtue we need, and wash out from us that fault which is causing harm. They are able, like beautiful music to raise our very natures, to bring us peace and relieve our sufferings.”
Dr. Bach defined seven main moods, which prevent us from being our true selves and thereby, contribute to disease and suffering in an individual. These moods include:
Fear, Uncertainty, Insufficient Interest in Present Circumstances, Loneliness, Over-Sensitivity to Influences and Ideas, Despondency or Despair, and Over-care for the Welfare of Others.
Dr. Bach also defined the seven beautiful stages in the healing of disease:
Peace, Hope, Joy, Faith, Certainty, Wisdom, and Love.
Treatment with the Bach Flower Remedies essentially floods ones being with these positive qualities, transforming all energies, which limit or restrict one’s true self from being fully expressed.
A Bach Flower Remedy Consultation is done though an interview and detailed questionnaire. This helps the practitioner to determine core issues and treatment remedies. It is a collaborative process; the role of the practitioner is to support individuals in learning about themselves and determining remedies can support their process of change. Most often a combination of five to seven remedies is recommended. The remedies are taken orally; 2 drops of each core remedy are added to a 1 oz. dropper bottle filled with spring water. The remedies work vibrationally rather than medicinally and as such are gentle and effective; they can do no harm. They are so gentle that pregnant women, children and even animals can use them.
As the remedies assist in deep transformation and healing, it is important for the individual to be open and willing to address the issues, which may come up for them. The remedies teach us how to resolve issues and heal, but we must be willing to listen to the voice of our own soul. It is important to remember that the Bach Flower Remedies, like any alternative modality, assist in our transformation. It is up to the individual to be responsible for and to direct his or her own healing process.
The Bach Flower Remedies are a powerful catalyst for healing and change. In addition to supporting change and transition, they have been beneficial in relieving chronic pain, anxiety, depression, fatigue and grief. Whether you are already in a period of transition or wish to create changes but are feeling stuck, the Bach Flowers can support your movement into new ways of being. Although determined by the emotions, the remedies support transformation and growth on all levels – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, the Bach Flower Remedies may have something to offer you:
- Are you going through a major or minor life transition?
- Do you feel tired and exhausted?
- Are you looking for direction in your life?
- Are you feeling stuck?
- Do you have pain that won’t go away no matter what you do?
- Are you sensitive emotionally and energetically?
- Are you aware that other people or situations drain your energy?
- Are you ready to step forward in you healing process?
One of the major benefits of the Bach Flower Remedies for our current times is the effect they have on the energy field. In addition to supporting transmutation of specific emotions and personality traits, the remedies also help to strengthen and stabilize our energy fields. In order to maneuver in the chaos of our world today, it is critical to find tools and practices that support our inner stability. The Bach Flowers Remedies offer such tool and can be a valuable transformational resource.
6 Benefits of Working with a
Bach Foundation Registered Practitioner (BFRP)
1. Bach Flower Remedies are a powerful tool for transformation and healing. They provide an opportunity to experience greater balance, joy and ease of well-being.
2. There are 38 different remedies in the Bach Flower System to choose from. A Bach Flower Registered Practitioner is highly trained and able to help you find the remedies most appropriate for you at any given time.
3. Working with a Bach Flower Practitioner offers a way to begin to learn how the remedies work and how to use them on your own for ongoing transformation and healing.
4. Assessing which Bach Flower Remedies are indicated is a subjective process and sometimes it is difficult to see ourselves clearly. Working with a practitioner creates a partnership which offers an opportunity to deepen in self-reflection and self-awareness.
5. Sometimes it takes some time to see if a modality or holistic tool is for you. Working with a practitioner over a 3-month – 6-month period is a good way to evaluate if the Bach Flowers are a good resource for you.
6. Many practitioners incorporate other holistic modalities into their practice to support overall health and well-being. The Bach Flower Remedies are a wonderful tool in conjunction with other modalities. An Integrative approach can help you in making desired changes and achieving optimum health and well-being.
Bach Flower Remedies 60 Minute Sessions ~ $100
Bach Flower Consultations are available via Zoom, Skype, Phone or in person in Annapolis, MD. Upon receipt of payment, a scheduling link will be sent to you to arrange for your session.